HUNT TEST RULES AND REGULATIONS (CKC)
4 Premium List & Catalogue
4.1 Premium list
4.1.1 A standard premium list or information flyer must be published by all clubs holding a hunt test under these rules. A club which has been granted permission to hold a test, and has received approval of its selected judges, must prepare and have printed a premium list with entry forms to be made available to prospective entrants.
4.1.2 Premium lists and entry forms shall be such size, in such form, and contain such information as prescribed by the CKC. The following information must be listed on the cover (or first inside page, excluding the inside cover) of the premium list:
- The words "Official Premium List"
- The name of the club or organization holding the event
- Type of event being held
- Dates of the events
- Date and closing time for entries. No entries may be accepted, altered, cancelled or substituted after the official closing date and time except as provided for in these rules. If "Day of " entries will be accepted, the mail-in entry closing date and time must be shown along with the start time and closing time for accepting "Day of" entries.
4.1.3 The following information must appear in a premium list:
- Exact location of the event (must include a map to Head quarters and signs should be posted to the test site from Head Quarters).
- The statement "These events held under the rules of The Canadian Kennel Club".
- A list of the club officers (address may be given if desired)
- A list of the Hunt Test Committee including the Hunt Test Chairman.
- The address and phone number of where entries are to be sent (if different from the Event Secretary).
- A statement as to where entries are to be sent.
- A listing of the judges and their mailing address.
- A complete list of the judge's assignments broken down for each day.
- A list of awards and prizes (if offered).
- The amount of entry fee for each test. If "Day of" entries will be accepted, the mail-in entry fee for each stake along with the "Day of" entry fee for each stake must be shown.
- The name of the Chief Executive Officer of The Canadian Kennel Club and the address of the Head Office.
- The name, address and telephone number of the CKC Board Member and the CKC retriever Representative for the zone in which the test will be held.
- Type of birds used.
- A statement to include the wording of section 20.7 regarding indignities
4.1.4 At the time of distribution of prospective entrants, 2 copies of the premium list must be sent to The Canadian Kennel Club and one copy each to the Retriever Representative and Board Member representing the zone in which the test is to be held.
4.1.5 Clubs are free to include other rules and regulations as they deem necessary. However, if other rules are included, they become part of the premium list and will be enforced.
4.2.1 An official catalogue must be provided for all approved hunt tests. The official catalogue must be printed or typed.
4.2.2 The following information must be listed on the outside front cover of the first page of the catalogue:
- Name of the club or association holding the test
- The dates of the test
- The statement "This event held under the rules of The Canadian Kennel Club"
- Exact location of the test
- List of the Hunt Test Committee including the Hunt Test Chair
- Name, address and phone number of the Hunt Test Secretary
- A complete list of the judges and their mailing address
- A listing of each judge's assignments for each day
4.2.3 The information in the catalogue on each dog must be in the following order:
- Catalogue number of the dog
- Registered name of the dog (in capital letters only)
- Canadian Kennel club registration number (if given) or indicate "listed"
- Date of birth
- Name of breeders
- Registered name of sire
- Registered name of dam
- Place of birth
- Name of owners
- Address of owners
- Agent (if applicable)
4.2.4 The information in the catalogue must include a list of all dogs entered in each test (Junior, Senior, Owner Handler Master and Master) in order in which the dogs were drawn.
4.2.5 The following certification must appear in the official catalogue following the dogs listed in each test.
I certify that ____________ dogs received qualifying scores in this hunt test ant that the above information identifying these dogs was entered prior to my signing this page.
Date: _________ Signature of Judge: _______________________
HUNT TEST SECRETARY'S CERTIFICATION
I certify that the judges have verified the above information and signed this page.
Number of dogs entered
Total # of qualifying scores
Date: _________ Signature of Hunt Test Secretary: _______________________
4.2.6 Following completion of judging in each test, the Hunt Test Secretary shall mark the Official Catalogue with the word "Qualifying" next to the names of all dogs that received qualifying scores. The judges shall then certify the accuracy of the marked awards, and both the Hunt Test Secretary and the judges shall complete their appropriate certifications.